Ibn Haldun University promoted its educational activities with prestigious places inspired from its approach of “Traditional Innovation”. As of 2018-2019 Academic Year, our education activities started to be held at Süleymaniye and Bakırköy-Taş Mektep campuses in addition to our main campus of Başakşehir. By the education activities that are planned to be held on the next year in the Süleymaniye Külliyesi that was inaugurated on October 22, 2018; Ibn Haldun University will be a completed campus university.
The “Campus University” dream becomes real
The new campus of Ibn Haldun University, which has the understanding of “High quality education is given by qualified instructors to smart students at high quality physical places,” is going to be built on the basis of classical Turkish architecture in Başakşehir. By equipping the new campus with its modern faculty buildings, classrooms, congress and conference halls, comfortable dormitories, library, green spaces and social facilities with the latest technological opportunities; IHU is becoming a complete campus university. The new campus is built to meet all the needs of students and academic staff both in curricular and extracurricular activities.
Ibn Haldun University Complex is very close to the new Istanbul International Airport. In addition, public transport from the university to the center of the city, via buses, subways and high-speed trains will be provided.
The 450-year-old historical Madrasas “schools,” in the Suleymaniye Complex were restored by Ibn Haldun University. On August 3, 2018, buildings located at Süleymaniye Külliyesi; Mülazimler Madrasas, Darulhadis, Darulkurra, Madrasa-i Salis and İmaret, started hosting Alliance of Civilizations Institute, the Faculty of Islamic Sciences, Institute of Islamic Sciences and the Honor Program.
These schools which served education for centuries are located on Suleymaniye Külliyesi at the top of seven hills that determine the silhouette of Istanbul, and was built by Mimar Sinan upon request of Sultan Suleyman the Magnificent. These schools have created space for many teaching activities of Ibn Haldun University in the field of Islamic sciences and it was restored to offer a suitable service.
Taş Mektep Campus
Taş Mektep, which is located at a central point of Bakırköy, was built by Kont Alléon, who was one of the founders of the Ottoman Bank and a specialist in town planning. It was built in 1865 and was completed in 1874. Count Alléon, who lived here until the earthquake in Istanbul in 1894, sold the building to Preveze governor Ali Rıza Paşa in 1898. In 1900 It was transferred to a school after it was allocated to the Ministry of Education, and until recently, Taş Mektep provided various degrees of education service.
The historical building, which was restored in 2014 and alloted to Ibn Haldun University, is home to various trainings of the Center for Continuing Education Centre (İHSEM) as the Bakırköy campus of the University.